Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
It was great...... (Read 1148 times)
03/20/12 at 8:51pm

Skidoogirl700   Offline
Snowmobile Enthusiast
Live for Winter!
Central Mass/Western Mtns. ME

Even tho it was way too short.  Logged in 850 miles for the season. (Some not pretty) Grateful for being able to
have a few trips that were awesome.

Lonestar, you are so right.  The longest trip I took on my old sled (aka ManBeater) was 220 miles. Logged in a short
150 mile trip this year on my new 600 etec, but had so much more fun. Noone could believe the MPG I got. Then she
goes in the shop after the last big snow, and I got the 1200 for a loaner. Wow, what a nice sled.  I would recomend
that one.

Torch, Thank you for the offer, but 1 husband is fine. LOL

This board is great.

Have a safe year everyone.  I think this old girl might take up 4wheeling. I can see my guy's eyeball rolling as I type! lol Roll Eyes

2000 SkiDoo Formula Z 700 & 2012 SkiDoo MXZ TNT 600 E-Tec & 2003 Chevy K2500 Duramax
IP Logged

Reply #1 - 03/21/12 at 9:50am
TORCH   Ex Member

Glad to hear you had a good season. This season was prolly my worst in years, in terms of total miles. Seemed like everytime we went out someone broke down and ended the day quickly, with that being said, I still had a great time. Winter is my time. Just being away is good enough for me. I tend to have entirely too many projects going on in the summer to enjoy it.

Have a great summer everyone!  Cool

IP Logged

Reply #2 - 03/21/12 at 9:55am
blackcat   Ex Member

TORCH wrote on 03/21/12 at 9:50am:
  Glad to hear you had a good season. This season was prolly my worst in years, in terms of total miles. Seemed like everytime we went out someone broke down and ended the day quickly, with that being said, I still had a great time. Winter is my time. Just being away is good enough for me. I tend to have entirely too many projects going on in the summer to enjoy it.

Have a great summer everyone!  Cool

Good way to look at things Warren, it is definitely fun to put on a bunch of miles, but then comes the maintenenance that goes with it, 2 strokers aren't really meant for that action (cough cough) Just getting up to camp and enjoying the company of freinds is all I really need to get through the winter months, not about the miles, ALL about the smiles  Wink
That being said I had an excellent winter -- headed up tomorrow to see whats left

IP Logged

Reply #3 - 03/21/12 at 9:58am

Lonestar   Offline
Trail Boss
2012 Miles - 4,129
DFW

The 1200 is hard to beat for all day trail cruising.  I still would really like a light weight bump sled too though.... Wink

Glad you had a good ride and got a few miles in this year.  SYOTT.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - 03/22/12 at 7:34am

firefighterjake   Offline
Trail Boss
Unity, ME

In terms of miles and hours of seat time . . . worse year yet. No local riding and I just couldn't get the time or get my riding buddys to get the time to trailer the sleds and go riding.

Three rides . . . 566 miles. As I said . . . not good. However, the three rides and 566 miles I went on were fantastic . . . it was well worth the expense of registering the sled just for those three rides.

For me it always has been and continues to be the smiles, not the miles that make me love this sport.

Besides . . . next year will be different . . . Wink

IP Logged

Reply #5 - 03/22/12 at 8:07am
Mach2   Ex Member

2200  problem free, oil free miles on New 1200  Going to J town tommorow to get the sleds and gear for the ride I hate the most.
Hauling it all back to NH for mud season !!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Reply #6 - 03/23/12 at 9:03am

Skidor   Offline
Trail Boss
Spring City, PA

Wow, that snow went fast:

08/09 2889 miles 09/10 1652 miles 10/11 494 miles 11/12 361 miles  12/13 0.1 sold the sled
IP Logged

Reply #7 - 03/23/12 at 9:27am

lvnlife123   Offline
Trail Boss
08 GTX Cadillac & 08 XP
800X
Gray

Just shy of 90 yesterday in Gray...  This crap keeps up and I'm selling everything and moving to Canada....

It's better to live like a tiger than die like a pussy....&&&&Quote from camp "how do people function on this sh!t"
IP Logged

Reply #8 - 03/24/12 at 2:03pm

raveon   Offline
Little Putt Putt
I Love YaBB 2!

Good I hope you doo   Grin Grin Grin      25 deg this am In jackman no snow any were over Cry Cry Cry

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print